We are a global advisory firm helping some of the world’s largest companies and investors to advance strategic social and environmental impacts on a global scale.
Operating at the interface of global business and diplomacy, Earth Security Group builds the capacity of the private sector to understand the issues that matter to governments, to societies and to their future operating environment, identifying the strategic options for business to contribute to sustainable development.
Through Earth Security Partnerships, a high-profile non-profit platform, we work with global networks of investors, companies and governments to create innovative collaborations that build the resilience of countries and regions most exposed to climate change.
The Communications Manager will work as an integral part of a dynamic and pioneering team that is at the forefront of developing new ways to channel private sector initiatives to build resilience to climate change.
The candidate will drive Earth Security Group’s global outreach strategy, which combines the development of unique content and outreach channels, the mobilisation of global networks and partners, and strategic events.
The candidate will strategically mobilise Earth Security Group’s network and build new relationships, engage directly with partners and networks around the world, across sectors of business, investment and diplomacy.
The main responsibilities of the Communications Manager will be:
- Content & social channels – develop content and social channels, including the implementation of an integrated strategy involving the development of a newsletter, blog, webinars and social media. Convey in an effective and engaging way the values and purpose of the company. Monitor and measure the success of social content and provide on-going reports and future suggestions for development.
- Events & networking – identify, map and actively engage with leading industry events, conferences and forums, in order to expand and nurture the global network, monitoring key industry trends and events, actively managing the company’s positioning and visibility.
- Global community building – identify new opportunities and channels to build relationships with potential clients and industry professionals. Support the organization of strategic roundtable events with partners around the world, providing suggestions for future developments and collaborations from within Earth Security Group’s global network.
- Media & public relations – build and maintain relationships with industry journalists; publications and other outlets, enhancing the dissemination of content.
- Database management – manage the company’s CRM, actively using the database to support the outreach and engagement activities and new opportunities, keeping the information up to date and ensuring the relevance and quality of data.
- Passionate about sustainability and the role of the private sector in tackling issues of climate change and sustainable development through public-private partnerships.
- A change-maker, networker, and entrepreneurial spirit for building and nurturing networks and communities, seeking to proactively turn relationships into new activities, and continuously finding smarter ways of doing things.
- Proven track-record and sound understanding of community management and content development and social media, gained through similar experience within the business and sustainability field.
- Demonstrable experience in designing, developing and implementing outreach activities that build and nurture online and offline communities, for an organization working on a relevant field to Earth Security’s thematic area of work.
- Knowledge and experience working with online marketing tools (marketing automation tools, CRM software, webinar platforms, social media aggregators) and deriving suggestions for ongoing improvement based on performance metrics.
- Demonstrable experience and track-record writing high-quality content in English. High proficiency in written English as a mother tongue is essential, as well as excellent editorial skills in supporting media-oriented content sourced from colleagues.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability and confidence to work on own initiative in a fast-paced environment.
Strong organisational and project management skills with the ability to juggle different tasks at the same time.
Time and availability: This is a full-time position (a part-time position can be explored)
Work permit: The applicant must already have legal permission to work in the UK indefinitely.
Location: Central London/South Bank.