Earth Security Group (ESG) is a global advisory company guiding the impact strategies of some of the world’s biggest companies, using unique data-driven tools and analysis. ESG also runs a non-profit platform, Earth Security Partnerships C.I.C., which applies the company’s assets and intelligence to deliver impact programs that broker collaboration between investors, companies, governments and civil society on critical global development challenges.
About the position
The Director of Impact & Sustainability Innovation is a leadership position at Earth Security Group. Having an entrepreneurial background, she/he will further develop ESG’s impact platform – Earth Security Partnerships C.I.C. – pitching and developing collaborations and programmes among investors, banks and government agencies.
He/she will be responsible for delivering a high-profile project that will bridge impact investing and development, broker collaboration with a network of global investors, banks and impact funds and work with a range of partners across finance, UN and government, to advance new models of blended finance and impact investing on development challenges in key hotspots of the world.
The role will also strategically contribute to ESGs impact consulting in the finance sector, identifying opportunities to deploy ESG’s core data tools and consulting value proposition in the sector.
The candidate will have proven experience in driving senior-level analysis, convene partners and build platforms to drive sustainability impact, and focus on opportunities for business growth.
The candidate will:
- Develop a cross-sector innovation platform on sustainable finance for development: Engage investors and development agencies to develop new programme propositions and engagements.
- Oversee thought leadership on sustainable finance innovation: Have a track-record leading and producing high-quality research for senior audiences on sustainable business and finance.
- Convene and broker alliances with investors, financial institutions and governments: Have an ability to build networks and design and facilitate cross-sector innovation and collaboration processes.
- Engage impact investors to develop strategic projects: Have experience with business development and lead ESG’s value proposition in the global impact investment sector.
- Represent ESG in institutional engagements: Have an entrepreneurial drive to focus on developing new opportunities for the strategic growth of ESG’s projects and clients.
The candidate will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- At least 10 years of professional experience in a relevant institutional setting.
- Experience developing innovative programmes or platforms that combine cross-sector/finance collaborations and government funding.
- Experience in developing high-quality research and analysis, and cross-sector engagements related to sustainable finance and impact investment.
- A proven leadership track-record in driving impact and innovation projects, including project delivery as well as developing opportunities for business growth.
Competencies and skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving attitude, and proven experience leading the delivery of action-research programs.
- High-proficiency in written English as a mother tongue is essential as well as excellent editing skills.
- Research and analytical skills and the ability to write, develop and produce strategic briefs.
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills, managing competing priorities.
Time and availability: This is a full-time position.
Work permit: The applicant must already have legal permission to work in the UK indefinitely.
Language: High-proficiency in written and spoken English as a mother tongue is essential.
Location: Central London/South Bank