When: 23 October 2020, 1pm London time Duration: 1 hour.
Join Earth Security Group and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation to discuss:
- New programmes to activate private sector leadership for forcibly displaced people.
- Financing options for durable solutions that also address key sustainability challenges.
- A call to action for cross-sector partnerships that combine international, national and local resources.
Almost 80 million people are currently displaced – over half are in the Middle East and Africa. By 2050, there could be 143 million displaced internally from climate change alone. The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the humanitarian crisis, reinforcing the need for new thinking and long-term solutions for displaced people and the communities that host them.
The private sector has a key role to play, but new pathways, programmes and partnerships are needed to mobilise and finance paths for inclusive local economic development.
The webinar initiates the development of new private sector partnerships, based on proposals being put forward by Earth Security Group’s latest report to support the long-term inclusive recovery in the Horn of Africa and Middle East.
- Alejandro Litovsky, Chief Executive, Earth Security Group.
- Christian Frutiger, Assistant Director General, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
Discussion of financing pathways:
- John Kluge, Founder & Managing Director, Refugee Investment Network.
- Sasha Kapadia, Director, Humanitarian & Development, Mastercard.
- Kate Montgomery, Head of Business Development, Government Partnerships, Acumen.
- Jaffer Machano, Municipal Investment Finance Program, U.N. Capital Development Fund.
- Margot Clarvis, Director of Programmes, Earth Security Group.
- David Auerbach, Co-founder, Sanergy.
For information, contact: Margot Clarvis at email@example.com