Earth Security Group is a thought leader and trusted advisor to global companies, investors and governments, developing the strategic intelligence, advisory and innovative partnerships to scale new models of resilience and sustainable development.
Our Internship Programme
Our internship program exposes graduate-level interns in fields such as economics, business, development, and geography, to the high-paced world of strategic sustainability analysis for global industry sectors, investors and governments.
Interns will be involved in carrying out hands-on research assignments that provide a direct exposure to ESG’s high-level consulting and thought-leadership projects on the sustainable growth and impact of key industry sectors and investments on critical global challenges.
Selected candidates will be part of a small and dynamic team that fosters innovative thinking, and the highest quality analytical thought and outputs, working in a highly collaborative professional environment.
Interns will learn to develop strategic analyses of regional sustainability trends across social, environmental, economic and policy spheres and the implications for corporate supply chains and opportunities for impact finance to promote the scale-up of sustainability solutions.
Professional qualifications & experience
Intern applications will be evaluated with the following criteria:
- Graduate-level students pursuing MSc or PhD degrees in a relevant discipline (economics, business, politics and public policy, development, geography, or environmental sciences).
- A broad knowledge and familiarity with sustainable development challenges for economic development, from industry, finance or policy angles.
- An ability to synthesize research into well-presented findings, conclusions, and recommendations that reflect excellent analytical and English-language writing skills.
- Program length and starting date: The summer internship program will run for 3 months, from June to September, with the possibility to start immediately.
- Remuneration: Paid.
- Work permit: Interns will have legal permission to work in the UK.
- Language: Native proficiency in written English is essential.
- Location: Central London/South Bank.