Earth Security Group is a global advisory company helping some of the world’s biggest companies to have a positive impact on sustainable development, using unique data-driven tools and country analysis. Our research helps clients to understand the economic, environmental and social conditions where a positive contribution to social change is critical to business success. We are based in London’s Southbank and operate globally with a proven track record in the delivery of cutting-edge strategic business sustainability analysis.
About the position
The Senior Research Analyst will be at the forefront of the current business response to sustainability challenges. He/she will play a leading role in developing the research and written strategic analyses for client projects, providing them with the intelligence on national, regional and local issues that they need in order to shape sustainability strategies and projects to create a positive impact for local communities and partner with stakeholders.
The candidate will be exposed to senior staff from global companies, and will be directly involved in advising them on how to address their sustainability challenges and develop an evidence-based rationale for prioritizing impact areas for their operations and products and services.
The Senior Research Analyst will be part of a small and dynamic team that fosters innovative thinking in a collaborative working environment.
The candidate will have a track record of carrying out analyses in a related field such as country risk analysis, political economy analysis and sustainable development intelligence. The candidate’s experience will show the ability to independently analyse country and sub-national conditions covering a wide spectrum of social development, environmental, political and economic factors.
Through her/his track-record, the candidate will demonstrate a solid understanding of the challenges and opportunities that companies face in relation to country sustainability pressures and impact opportunities.
The candidate will be able to work comfortably across multiple industry sectors and regions of the world and excel at desk-based research combined with stakeholder interviews. He/she will also have excellent analytical thinking and writing skills, having had experience in leading the development of country intelligence briefs for senior executive audiences.
The candidate will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- At least 4-6 years of professional research experience in related sustainability research fields (e.g. political risk intelligence, business sustainability analysis, sustainability impact analysis).
- A post-graduate degree in a field that is consistent with knowledge of research methods and analysis of political economy.
- A proven ability to synthesize research into well-presented findings and conclusions that reflect excellent analytical and English-language writing skills.
- Versatility when it comes to working across industry sectors (e.g. finance, energy, agribusiness, infrastructure, technology, extractives, health) and regions of the world.
- An understanding of common sustainable development challenges facing businesses and ways in which companies can partner stakeholders for positive impact on sustainable development goals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience engaging with senior external stakeholders through interviews and workshops.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and deliver projects under pressure. Candidates must be able to work effectively as part of a team, with a positive attitude of taking initiative and supporting others.
Time and availability: This is a full-time position.
Work permit: The applicant must already have legal permission to work in the UK indefinitely.
Language: High-proficiency in written and spoken English as a mother tongue is essential.
Location: Central London/South Bank